Data Research Analyst
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
Based 2-3 days out of our WeWork office in Bangalore, Sitetracker is looking to hire a Data and Research Analyst.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to strategic projects commissioned directly by the CEO and VP of Corp Dev & Strategy. We will work together on highly impactful projects that focus both on internal initiatives and M&A opportunities and your work will directly contribute to our ability to scale this team.
In the future you will be able to oversee your own team members and will be a core pillar of the CDS team as the research org grows. If this person is successful you will become an expert in our customer base and in understanding where we have clear product fit.
The Data and Research Analyst will be a strong communicator who is able to follow instructions clearly and work independently on fast-paced and strict timelines. We will expect this person to be able to solve problems independently yet also be very active in seeking help and asking clarifying questions where needed (error on the side of asking for help). You'll be able to find and then use multiple industry sources to research current customers and potential customers and then create and manage clean databases of information with source information and be able to regularly update and maintain them on their own.
Further Data and Research Analyst should be able to help contribute to presentations that will ultimately be reviewed by our executive team and investors. Finally, we expect this person to be familiar with salesforce, building reports and trackers as needed and manipulating and updating data regularly
The Skill Set:
- Strong demonstrable experience in independent sector and company research and data management/reporting
- Has working experience at/for research firms, investment bankers, private equity firms or consulting firms
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team→confidence to know when to ask for help
- Well versed and extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and G-Suite
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Conduct research on select companies and industries using publicly available sources - thinking creatively to source information when needed
- Be expected to conduct your own research and provide sources / links for their information. Information generated from the internet, databases (Linkedin/Zoominfo/Pitchbook etc) or similar sources should be verified independently against publicly available information
- Collaborate on bespoke GSuite, Excel files and PowerPoint decks. Team member will iterate on them with the team until they can become templatized and re-used efficiently for future projects
- Independently build detailed project scopes / proposals and timelines, collaborating with team members to ensure that deadlines are met
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Own databases and be responsible for independently updating and presenting findings on a regular cadence
- Have completed a number of research projects on current customers, prospects and new verticals
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Be able to manage your own team members as we expand the research org
- Be a regular contributor to our efforts, able to seamlessly navigate projects and collaborate with other ST team members as needed.
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.