Data Migration Analyst
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
Based 2-3 days out of our WeWork office in Bangalore.
The Data Migration Analyst will strongly contribute to most of our projects to lead the data analysis and data migration activities within the customer Salesforce platform. We expect this person to be able to solve data-related problems independently yet also be very active in seeking help and asking clarifying questions where needed. You should be able to find and rectify all the data-related issues/queries on the customer legacy data and create a clean database which can seamlessly upload to the customer salesforce org.
Finally, we expect this person to be familiar with the Salesforce ecosystem, building reports and trackers as needed and manipulating and updating data as needed.
The Required Skill Set:
- Proper hands-on experience in Salesforce data loading activity especially a good understanding of the implications of different batch sizes, uses of SOAP & BULK APIs, uses of serial & parallel data transfer process, experience in flex queue of highly customized objects.
- Good understanding of update/upsert functionality not only with SFDC IDs but also with external keys.
- Strong knowledge of creating and managing different types of Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Good understanding of Salesforce.com sandbox environments and their data storage capacity and space allocation of SFDC records.
- Experience with preparing big data files using various tools (Excel, Google Sheets, OpenOffice) to justify the relationship between multiple SFDC objects/fields.
- Good understanding of character encoding, such as UTF-8 and its issues with MS-Excel.SQL (typically PL/SQL for Oracle) for most common SELECT statements, including JOINs and WHERE clauses.
- Hands-on experience in CRM Analytics (former Tableau) application, should have knowledge of:
- Data sync from different SF objects.
- Data upload with CSVs and their metadata in JSON script.
- Data integration setup via different connectors.
- Recipes to join objects and transform data.
- Lenses for dataset queries.
- Dashboards and data binding activity.
- Nice to have knowledge of SAQL for more advanced calculations that cannot be done via recipes or lenses.
The Additional Skill Set: (“Good to Have”)
- Knowledge of Visual Studio Code to handle very large CSV files.
- Knowledge of SQL:
- RegEx to matching patterns for string manipulation.
- Knowledge of different data cleansing/manipulation tools.
- Like - OpenRefine and GREL language.
- Python and Pandas Library.
- R (if we need to go heavy on statistics)
- Knowledge of AI and data prediction techniques.
- Like - Basic knowledge of AI in relation to machine learning and deep learning.
- Neural networks, nodes, and bias.
- Data prediction models using SF Einstein and other SF AI tools.
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Get trained on SiteTraker Application and understand the relationship between different objects/fields within the SiteTracker app.
- Understand the different ongoing projects and the data migration activities involved in those projects.
- Have a touch base with all different teams and collect information about all the ongoing data migration issues/obstacles and help to close those with effective solutions.
- Create the best practices, and standard data loading template/process which will help to streamline upcoming data migration activities.
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Own the data migration/manipulation process for several projects and be responsible for independently updating and uploading data in the client system.
- Help us to build a solid data COE team in our Bangalore office, who will be fully responsible & accountable for all data migration activities happening within SiteTracker.
Within 365 Days, You'll:
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.