Solutions Architect II
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs, making it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Capital. We are the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe, serving amazing customers, including brands like Uber, Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility businesses use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s Solutions Architect II you will be an integral part of our customer’s implementation journey. Your work will be key to securing new enterprise clients and setting them up for optimal success with their Smartcar-powered product.
This role is remote within the United States. We'd love for you to join us!
- Own technical validation within the sales process and the post-signature implementation process for a balanced book of Mid Market and Enterprise level customers.
- Lead customer training sessions on technical concepts for both business and technical points of contact.
- Facilitate the creation of QBR materials in tandem with an Account Manager.
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical calls, workflow outlines, RFP/RFI responses, product roadmap discussions and business process diagrams.
- Be the expert in best practices of Smartcar’s API for different verticals.
- Support the enterprise sales team by helping understand complex customer business problems and requirements, then translate them into solutions.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing support and success collateral.
- Partner with engineering, sales, marketing, and design to relay customer feedback and help determine which product updates or features should be prioritized.
Who You Are
- 5-11 years of B2B experience in Sales or Success Engineering at a SaaS company selling complex solutions into technical teams.
- Familiar with API concepts and functionality, can propose best practices and aid in debugging.
- You have an understanding of SQL and at least one scripting language.
- You’re familiar with the software development lifecycle, and understand how to work with teams that use the agile or waterfall methodology.
- You have a data driven mindset, and enjoy using data to operate autonomously in ambiguous situations.
- You have a sense of urgency and take proactive action to aid your customers.
- You have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. You can earn the trust of product managers and engineers alike in order to help them succeed.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $145,000 - $190,000
- Remote work within the United States
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% across all plans and 80% coverage for dependents.
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with an additional 4 weeks unpaid, 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Factor subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.