Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs, making it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Capital. We are the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe, serving amazing customers, including brands like Uber, Turo, and more.
Innovative mobility businesses use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for identifying and generating new leads for our sales pipeline while developing your core sales skills, and technical acumen. You will outbound to prospects, use social selling techniques, and network to help promote Smartcar’s brand. You will also schedule qualified meetings for the Account Executive team across Smartcar’s target accounts.
This role is remote within the UK. We’d love for you to join us!
- Generate a high volume of top-of-funnel sales pipeline by self-prospecting new mid-market and enterprise accounts in Smartcar’s target verticals.
- Triage inbound leads.
- Strategically target, enrich and reach out to potential clients using personalized messaging through email and phone.
- Schedule discovery meetings for the Account Executive team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to receive feedback and ensure the right verticals and accounts are being targeted.
- Maintain strong pipeline hygiene and follow-up cadences within our CRM.
- Be the frontline voice of Smartcar’s brand.
- Help scale and level up the SDR team.
Who You Are
- 0-1 year of experience in sales, customer service, or similar.
- Creative thinker and not afraid of trying new ideas.
- Adaptable and highly coachable with a willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional scheduling and time management skills.
- Experience with Excel/data manipulation.
- Experience with sales processes and passionate about pursuing a career in SaaS sales or growth hacking.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Experience with strategically posting and engaging audiences on social media platforms like LinkedIn, TikTok, and Instagram to enhance brand engagement.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: £45,000 - £50,000
- Variable: £24,230 - £26,923
- OTE: £69,230 - £76,923 (65/35 split)
- Competitive equity
- Remote work within the United Kingdom
- Medical benefits through BUPA
- Pension plan at 4%
- 25 days of PTO and 8 paid bank holidays
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with an additional 4 weeks unpaid, 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week meal delivery subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- Wellness stipend of £40 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of £40 a month
- £250 yearly learning and development stipend
- £300 work-from-home stipend
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Recruiter For This Role
- Intro Call: 15 minute video call with Steven Stone to learn about your background and determine whether your skill set matches the role.
- Take-Home Assignment: You will have 3 days to do an exercise around prospecting and outreaching to a potential prospect.
- Hiring Manager Call: 45 min video call with Alex Rabinowitz to learn more about your background and for you to ask as many questions as you would like about the role. During this call you will also walk through your take-home assignment to discuss how you went about it, what hurdles you faced and what you would do differently if you had more time.
- Final Stage: This is a 2-part video interview where you will have a 30 minute call to meet 2-3 members of the sales team and a 30 minute behavioral interview with Mathilde Patmon.
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.