Voted Best Places to Work in Austin, Best Paying Companies,
and Top Startup Companies by Forbes
SparkCognition looks to bring in the best talent in the world. To accommodate the hiring of our wildly talented teams, SparkCognition sponsors visa opportunities when appropriate.
Who are we and why this opportunity?
Drive change and create a footprint. SparkCognition invests in our employees and fosters collaboration throughout the organization. Our employees have the ability to work
globally with award-winning artificial intelligence (AI) technology within multiple industries.
What are the benefits and perks at SparkCognition?
Our full-time employees and their loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Below are some highlights - we’d love to connect and share more!
- Fast-paced evolving culture with the opportunity to drive new ideas and technology.
- Hybrid Work Environment - 4 days per week in office
- Stock Option Grants
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Medical Coverage, and Parental Leave Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Monthly Technology Allowance
- Large 2022 renovated office space centrally located near the Arboretum in Austin, TX- including fully stocked beverage and snack areas!
Local to Austin, TX only
Join us and:
- Review sales arrangements in conjunction with Legal dept and draft ASC 606 revenue analysis to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and applicable accounting standards (POC, milestone, T&M, fixed fee)
- Assist with financial close activities surrounding revenue recognition on complex transactions including preparation of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Participate in developing and enforcing internal policies procedures related to revenue recognition and assist with the revenue system implementation
- Work with our AR accountant to ensure the invoice timeline and collectability for sales arrangements including setting up new project and sales order
- Work with Service Operations personnel to ensure the timely close of monthly timesheets in our time-tracking application
- Work with external auditors on the audit of revenue recognition policies and transactions including providing PBC support
- Collaborate with FP&A and Sales operation to track key financial metrics (ARR, Renewals, Gross Margin)
- Assist with filling sales tax returns for multiple states, including researching tax guidance on statutes and rules
- Perform record-keeping of all customer contract activities and contract deliverables
- Assist with general ledger accounting as needed
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting/accounting research requests from CFO, Controller, and/or FP&A
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required at a minimum, and CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 3+ years of experience in Accounting with at least 1+ years in revenue accounting under ASC-606 is required
- Experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606 and related guidance is required[DL1] [DD2]
- Experience interpreting complex contracts and determining performance obligations as well as stand-alone selling price is required
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- High-level of proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and departments as well as with external representatives
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and FASB Accounting
- Standards Codification
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
SparkCognition prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SparkCognition is committed to providing reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at HR@sparkcognition.com and describe the specific accommodation request.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview