Content Marketing Writer
Marketing & Communications
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
We’re looking for a superstar writer in our Marketing team – a storyteller by nature with a deep curiosity for the customer journey and experience, what messaging and CTAs drive action, and a modern understanding of what kind of written content will actually make an impact in 2023.
You’ll be well known in your personal and professional circles as someone who can write, interview and craft stories and messaging that drive action on websites, social media and through video storyboarding. B2B SaaS experience would be awesome, but not essential, as you can speak to any audience with the right inputs.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
This is a part-time, temporary position between December 2023 and December 2024. We seek someone who can work 15 to 20 hours per week and is generally available to work with our team between Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5pm PT.
Don’t have all the qualifications or experience listed below? We’d still love to hear from you. We encourage you to complete the application questions.
- Own, optimize and evangelize for our brand tone of voice, including evolving current guidelines and coaching SMEs and other content writers
- Draft outlines for and write long-form content, including eBooks, white papers, blogs and other marketing assets, in collaboration with Product Marketing, Demand Generation and internal SMEs
- Interview customers, partners and internal SMEs to craft compelling stories on pain points and ROI that ultimately drive pipeline
- Analyze survey results to identify and summarize insights to drive internal Product and Marketing decisions, as well as publish externally
- Craft storyboards for compelling video content
- Draft copy and messaging for high-traffic webpages and campaign landing pages
- Use Descript AI software to edit videos using their text transcriptions (no video editing experience required)
- Provide copy editing / proofreading support for all written content
- Proven experience as a content writer, interviewer, video storyboarder and advocate for written excellence, with a strong portfolio showcasing compelling, easy-to-digest marketing copy that doesn’t read like marketing copy.
- Passion for writing with the ability to convey DroneDeploy’s point of view, brand identity and tone of voice
- 2+ years experience developing content to attract and engage prospective and current customers
- An excellent writer who can create convincing, creative and engaging content under tight deadlines
- Extensive experience interviewing internal SMEs, customers, partners and thought leaders
- Experience analyzing and summarizing survey data
- Strong understanding of B2B content marketing trends and SEO best practices
- An impressive portfolio with examples of published work across multiple industries, channels and media
- Outstanding communication, interviewing and project management skills
- A passion for drones, robotics, AI and other emerging tech a huge plus!
- This is a part-time, temporary position. Available to work 15 to 20 hours per week and is generally available to work with our team between Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5pm PT.
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.