Engineering Manager - CarbonOS (San Francisco)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
A livable future depends on climate solutions — and those solutions need funding to scale. There is a financial mechanism powerful enough to help drive climate solutions to gigatonne-scale and beyond: carbon credits.
Patch is the platform accelerating climate solutions with integrity. Patch technology enables organizations to manage, sell, and buy carbon credits with efficiency, transparency, and rigor. Through Patch, companies gain access to the broadest network of high-integrity carbon credits. Carbon credit suppliers use Patch to enhance operational efficiency and precision, and modernize their buyer experiences. That allows companies to achieve their climate goals, project developers scale their solutions, and ultimately helps rebalance the planet.
CarbonOS is the operating system for scaling climate action. Patch’s goal is for CarbonOS to become the leading software ecosystem for businesses to manage, sell, and deliver carbon credits, so they can scale the climate solutions our planet needs.
As the team’s engineering manager, you will directly lead and manage a team of software engineers who are responsible for making CarbonOS critical infrastructure for the carbon credit ecosystem.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers, fostering a culture of high performance, high velocity of delivering value to our customers, and technical excellence
- Drive the technical vision and strategy for CarbonOS, partnering with stakeholders across engineering, product, design, and sales
- Mentor and develop the engineers on your team, helping them grow and advance in their work
- Working with our recruiting team and engineering leadership to recruit great engineers to join the team
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of software development experience
- You have 5+ years of engineering management experience
- You have a demonstrated ability to build and lead technical teams that balance technical excellence, customer empathy, and collaboration with stakeholders.
- You can effectively coach your team to ensure high product quality while maintaining high delivery throughput.
- You have a strong technical background and are able to help your engineers make good technical decisions.
- You are an excellent communicator, in person and in writing. You are comfortable giving feedback when needed and helping your team do their best work.
- You are located and able to work from San Francisco, California.
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States is between $190,000 - $235,000. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance. Actual specific compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, location, and some role-dependent factors.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
- Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.