Customer Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Customer Service
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
At Sitetracker, we’re building a dynamic team of marketers that have been exceeding goals and striving to make Sitetracker the go-to platform for companies building and maintaining the world's future infrastructure. We have a proven enterprise product that is already fueling the 5G, fiber internet, and renewable energy revolutions around the world at companies like Engie, Google Fiber, EVgo, AT&T, and Vodafone. We are empowering connectivity via WIFI kiosks in NYC and London, and changing the way that alternative energy businesses are deploying their assets in our race to net zero.
As a trusted member of the product marketing team, you will be responsible for customer marketing, customer growth strategy, and services marketing. You will be an integral part of the team that enables and empowers our entire go-to-market operation and helps set the strategic direction for the company. You will be expected to partner directly with the customer success, customer growth, professional services, product, and sales organizations to create strategy, content, and campaigns that support add-on revenue growth for Sitetracker. As part of this role, you will be tasked with crafting GTM strategy for new add-on products and services, defining industry-level positioning, and creating sales enablement materials.
With that in mind, we are looking for a talented, hardworking, high-integrity marketer with a diverse set of skills and experience across customer marketing, product marketing, and campaigns/demand gen. The right candidate is a highly-motivated self-starter and will get bonus points for any industry expertise in telecommunications or energy.
The Skill Set:
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- An appreciation that speed and perfection are at odds, and an understanding that flexibility is always important
- Extraordinary writing, program management, and communication skills with a consistent track record of working with customers as well as with sales, marketing and product teams
- Own and drive key customer and product marketing initiatives such as GTM strategy for add-on services and products, customer growth content and campaign creation, defining messaging & positioning, sales & CS team enablements
- Create customer stories in partnership with our community manager, define strategy and messaging, create key assets for add-on products and services
- Partner with demand generation to both own and co-develop campaigns that drive add-on revenue for Sitetracker
- A willingness to operate and thrive in a high-performance PMM team, with a strong focus on skill growth and strengths-based career development
- An ability to objectively gather, analyze, and implement feedback to continuously drive compounding improvements to our brand, product, and processes.
- Experience working within the energy or telecommunication space is not required but highly desired.
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Be a visible and trusted partner to your team, CS, sales, and product
- Become familiar with Sitetracker’s key verticals, segments, personas, and the priorities of each
- Understand the competitor ecosystem and have a position on how you would empower our sales and CS teams to be more effective in their sales & renewal cycles
- Assist in the planning and execution of upcoming customer growth plans
- Formed a position on the challenges that our customers face and know how Sitetracker solves these challenges
- Become Certified as a Sitetracker user
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Have worked on at least one customer growth program
- Have created at least one full customer case study
- Become one of our subject matter experts and trusted partner to our sales team
- Expand segment-specific messaging and resulting collateral through industry research
- Develop and run a sales training program to ensure a regular cadence of training sessions connecting market trends, buyer needs, and product capabilities
- Develop campaigns to carry product messaging to market (e.g., webinars, online branding campaigns, and videos)
- Review and update decks to accelerate customer add-on sales cycles by working closely with CSMs, AEs, and leadership
- Establish and refine customer & product marketing processes to accelerate speed to completion for key deliverables and increase team scalability
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Be the go-to expert on all things Sitetracker (be it product or vertical) and be recognized by the our prospects and customers as a vocal Sitetracker evangelist
- Become a strategic resource for sales reps during deal cycles
- Assisted to ensure that Sitetracker has a best of breed marketing function as defined by key metrics
- Actively optimize GTM materials as you receive feedback from PDIs
- Driving the exploration of new sub verticals and segments for future expansion based on established metrics & proof points
- Own parts of our website that correlate with your subject matter expertise
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.