Account Executive - Visual AI (Education)
Voted Best Places to Work in Austin, Best Paying Companies,
and Top Startup Companies by Forbes
SparkCognition looks to bring in the best talent in the world. To accommodate the hiring of our wildly talented teams, SparkCognition sponsors visa opportunities when appropriate.
Who are we and why this opportunity?
Drive change and create a footprint. SparkCognition invests in our employees and fosters collaboration throughout the organization. Our employees have the ability to work
globally with award-winning artificial intelligence (AI) technology within multiple industries.
What are the benefits and perks at SparkCognition?
Our full-time employees and their loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Below are some highlights - we’d love to connect and share more!
- Fast-paced evolving culture with the opportunity to drive new ideas and technology.
- Hybrid Work Environment - 4 days per week in office
- Stock Option Grants
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Medical Coverage, and Parental Leave Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Monthly Technology Allowance
- Large 2022 renovated office space centrally located near the Arboretum in Austin, TX- including fully stocked beverage and snack areas!
SparkCognition catalyzes sustainable growth for our clients throughout the world with proven artificial intelligence (AI) systems, award-winning machine learning technology, and a multinational team of AI thought leaders. Our clients are trusted with advancing lives, infrastructure, sustainability, and financial systems across the globe. They partner with SparkCognition to understand their industry’s most pressing challenges, analyze complex data, empower decision-making, and transform human and industrial productivity with scalable AI solutions to solve the problems that matter most. With our leading-edge artificial intelligence products and solutions, our clients can adapt to a rapidly changing digital landscape, accelerate their business strategies, and reduce environmental impact creating a better, smarter, and more sustainable world.
We are looking for a dynamic Account Executive responsible for direct sales of computer vision technology into the K-12 and Higher Ed markets in the US.
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas
- Prospecting and progressing opportunities efficiently through funnel stages
- Managing a complex, enterprise sales process with a 3 to 6 month purchasing cycle.
- Owning all aspects of the sales process from identification of lead to closing an opportunity
- Preparing presentations, presenting proposals, and negotiating contracts
- Collaborating across the organization to leverage resources throughout sales process
- Creating a territory strategy and plan and executing against it
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry, including competition, competitive issues and products.
- Participating and presenting at industry events and trade shows
- Leveraging Salesforce.com – and effectively using the sales force automation tool to enter all sales information into this system to support accurate and proper forecasting / reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ SaaS experience is required
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self starter with proven success in prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Strong communication skills ( written and verbal)
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- This position requires the AE to work out of a home office
- Travel of 30% is required
- Ideal locations: Major markets in West Coast, Central Region, Mid-West
- Preferred: Expertise in Higher Ed or K -12
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
SparkCognition prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SparkCognition is committed to providing reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at HR@sparkcognition.com and describe the specific accommodation request.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview