Junior End User IT Support Specialist
Voted Best Places to Work in Austin, Best Paying Companies,
and Top Startup Companies by Forbes
SparkCognition looks to bring in the best talent in the world. To accommodate the hiring of our wildly talented teams, SparkCognition sponsors visa opportunities when appropriate.
Who are we and why this opportunity?
Drive change and create a footprint. SparkCognition invests in our employees and fosters collaboration throughout the organization. Our employees have the ability to work
globally with award-winning artificial intelligence (AI) technology within multiple industries.
What are the benefits and perks at SparkCognition?
Our full-time employees and their loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Below are some highlights - we’d love to connect and share more!
- Fast-paced evolving culture with the opportunity to drive new ideas and technology.
- Hybrid Work Environment - 4 days per week in office
- Stock Option Grants
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Medical Coverage, and Parental Leave Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Monthly Technology Allowance
- Large 2022 renovated office space centrally located near the Arboretum in Austin, TX- including fully stocked beverage and snack areas!
SparkCognition is looking for an IT Support Specialist who can help support SparkCognition’s corporate IT resources and end users. The ideal candidate has experience working within a ticket management system, handling employee on/offboarding activities, and various other IT related tasks. The position offers opportunities to continue growing by learning new technology and learning from experienced Engineers as we continue to build new solutions.
- Experience installing and supporting PCs & Macs, software, and conference room equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Fundamental knowledge of Active Directory, Remote access tools, Public cloud, Networking, and Gsuite/O365
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn, produces high quality work, and self-driven personality.
- 3+ years experience in an IT Support or Help Desk role
- Provide Tier 1 end-user support, resolve helpdesk tickets, manage employee on/offboarding.
- Install & troubleshoot laptops, printers, & conference room equipment.
- Update documentation procedures for common processes (on/offboarding, conference room preparation, hardware purchases and inventory management)
- Shadow senior team members to continue learning technologies & common tasks.
- Manage conference rooms: clean-up & organizing, all-hands meeting preparation, update cameras & iPads, A/V troubleshooting
- Manage onboarding process: Create acct, build machine, building access, desk setup, provision SaaS apps
- Manage offboarding process: Disable accounts, Google takeout, Backup user home directories, rebuild machines, disable building access, forward email to manager.
- Management of workstations including:
- Ensuring Filevault & Bitlocker encryption
- Ensuring Firewalls enabled
- Deploying OS updates/upgrades
- Remote support
- Hardware/software inventory restock
- Machine repairs
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
SparkCognition prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SparkCognition is committed to providing reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at HR@sparkcognition.com and describe the specific accommodation request.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview