Sr. Software Engineer - Virtualization and KubeVirt
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2023
ZEDEDA makes edge computing effortless, open, and intrinsically secure - extending the cloud experience to the edge. ZEDEDA reduces the cost of managing and orchestrating distributed edge infrastructure and applications, while increasing visibility, security and control. ZEDEDA delivers a distributed, cloud-native edge management and orchestration solution, simplifying the security and remote management of edge infrastructure and applications at scale.
ZEDEDA ensures extensibility and flexibility by utilizing an open partner ecosystem with a robust app marketplace and leveraging an open architecture built on EVE-OS, from the Linux Foundation. ZEDEDA delivers instant time to value, has thousands of nodes under management and is backed by world-class investors with teams in the US, Germany and India. For more information, visit www.zededa.com
About the Position: Sr. Software Engineer - Virtualization and KubeVirt Technologies
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can adapt and be excited to work on products that will impact billions in revenue for our customers. This role in Virtualization and KubeVirt development involves working on a team to design, develop, and maintain features and functionality for KubeVirt, a Kubernetes extension that allows users to run virtual machines (VMs) on a Kubernetes cluster.
To excel in this role, engineers should have strong experience with Kubernetes and virtualization technologies, as well as a deep understanding of Linux operating systems. They should also have strong skills in programming languages such as C, Go, and experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Docker. Able to communicate and collaborate well in a fast paced globally distributed environment.
· Integrating Kubevirt and related components into the Zededa ecosystem.
· Collaborating with other teams in Zededa to ensure that KubeVirt works well with related technologies, such as storage and networking plugins.
· Participating in Kubevirt open source community meetings, code reviews.
· Mentoring junior engineers and helping to develop their skills and knowledge of KubeVirt and related technologies.
· Staying up to date with the latest trends and developments in Kubernetes and related technologies, and incorporating them into the KubeVirt project as needed
· Minimum 10 years of experience in developing enterprise software products both closed and/or open source.
· Proven experience of working and contributing to a hypervisor technology, preferably kvm and qemu environments.
· Deep knowledge of Linux system internals
· Proven experience of working in a kubernetes based environment.
· Deep knowledge and experience on kubernetes clustering and configuration
· Proven experience in programming in C, Golang and scripting languages
· Experience in developing REST API based systems
· Proven experience in container run times like docker or containerd
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative, distributed team environment
· Certification in Kubernetes administration (extra credits)
· Experience in any kubernetes based CNI and CSI drivers
· Experience in enterprise distributed storage systems